Healthy families in healthy communities throughout California.
To improve the health status of people of African American descent in California and eliminate health disparities through legislative, administrative and media advocacy.
- Accountable: We practice financial fitness ensuring stability, consistency and sustainability
- Relevant: We are contemporary in our approach to issues, ensuring our work is current, innovative when necessary, and steeped in community-based need.
- Integrity: We say what we do and we do what we say with a steadfast adherence to principles.
- Collaborative: We embrace strategic alliances, align and integrate our work with others with shared vision and values.
- Inclusive: We incorporate diverse perspective into our work. We consider our social responsibility and we make informed decisions that are impactful
To provide a structure for coordinated efforts to improve the health status of African Americans in California.
- To establish partnerships with and mobilize support for the work of community and other statewide African American health organizations.
- To increase African American participation in policy making at all levels within the health industry and the public sector.
- To advocate for policy changes that increase the participation of underrepresented minorities in education and health care delivery.
- To support research and educational efforts that document the underlying factors that determine the health status of African Americans and inform policy initiatives to reduce disparities.
- To build strong and mutually supportive relationships with other ethnic advocacy organizations, community groups, public agencies, civic and community leaders and public officials committed to improving the health of all Californians.
- To serve as a resource on health policies and related issues for organizations working to improve the health of African Americans.